- Enter a request into SAP Transaction PR05. The reason should be “official function.”
- The SAP number used should be the person planning/purchasing/picking up the meals. However, the State of Arkansas mandates no one employee can be reimbursed for the expenses of others, so paying to the vendor directly is preferred, to prevent reduction of costs.
- Include supporting documentation, clearly listing the benefit to UAMS, as well as a cost estimate.
- Submit through workflow.
- Travel Manager will review to see if this is an allowable expense under UAMS, State of Arkansas, and Internal Revenue Service rules, regulations, and policies. If the expense is approved, an approval email will be generated by Workflow.
- Additional information might be requested.
- The preferred methodology of payment is to a vendor, so please include the vendor number with the request. We cannot reimburse one employee for the expenses of another.
- Expenses will not be paid or reimbursed without preapproval. Please do not send emails asking for preapproval – this has to be contained in the system, for audit purposes. Please submit requests for preapproval at least five business days prior to the meal.
The State of Arkansas mandates all expenses must be preapproved prior to being incurred.
The State of Arkansas mandates no one employee can be reimbursed for the expenses of another employee.