Property Services main function is to ensure that all asset management procedures and guidelines are followed by departments and to conduct property inventories of all assets on campus and at offsite facilities. The department assists the Financial Services area in all fiscal audits concerning property records for individual departments or at the campus level. These audits are conducted by Federal, state and internal auditors.
To carry out its duties involving property inventories the Property Services department performs the following:
- Conducts annual physical inventories using bar-code scanners with assistance from departmental personnel.
- Tags and enters into the computer system new equipment as it arrives on campus.
- Records the appropriate deletion information into the computer system.
- Processes and retains all property transfers from one department to another.
- Processes all property transfers initiated by faculty arrivals and departures.
- Reconciles additions and deletions with the UAMS General Ledger monthly.
- Releases capital requisitions.
Property Services does the following to perform its Surplus Property function:
- Processes all forms to dispose of surplus property by approved and mandated means.
- Verifies that all outgoing surplus is picked up by UAMS Operational Support Services (OSS).
- Conducts special sales of surplus property in special circumstances judged to be in the best interest of the State of Arkansas.
Location and Contact Information
800 Cottage Dr., M/S 759
Little Rock, AR 72205