You can shop several different ways in the UAMS eProcurement Solution. A hosted catalog search searches numerous catalogs within the system and returns the closest matches from various suppliers. A punch-out takes you to an individual supplier’s website and allows you to shop only at that site.
Hosted Catalog Search
- From the Shopping Home page, enter the search terms in the search box of the item you want.
- Click the Go button to start the search.
From the results page, you can add an item or multiple items directly to your cart, or compare several items side by side.
Add to Cart
From the search results page, click on the Add to Cart button next to the item(s) you wish to add to your cart.
Compare Multiple Items
- Click the compare link next to the items you wish to compare.
- Select the Compare Selected button at the top of the search results to view a side by side comparison of the selected items.
- To add multiple items, click the checkbox for each item you wish to add, select Add to Active Cart, and then select Go.
- Alternatively, you can select Add to Cart to put an item or items in your cart.
- Once you are finished comparing items, select Back to Search Results to go back to the search results.
Because a punch-out connects you directly to a supplier’s website, the shopping experience for each punch-out is a little different.
- Click on the supplier icon. This action will take you to the supplier’s punch-out site.
- Shop on the site like you would any other, and when finished, there will be some concept of ‘Checkout’.
- Follow the website’s instructions for checking out, which will bring the items back to your cart within the UAMS eProcurement Solution.
- If at any time you decide to return to the UAMS eProcurement Solution without bringing anything back in your cart, click the Cancel PunchOut button on the top right corner of the screen.
Non-Catalog Shopping for Shoppers without SAP Rights
The UAMS eProcurement Solution also allows you to shop for items that are not in either a punch-out or hosted catalog. To shop for one of these non-catalog items:
- On the home/shop page, under the Shop at the Top search box, click on the Non-catalog Item text and a pop-up window will display as shown above.
- Complete all required information, including supplier name, product description, part number, quantity, and price.
- When you have finished, select Save and Close in the bottom portion of the window.