What documents require submission into the portal?
Any document that requires a signature and/or contains terms and conditions. No email request will be accepted.
What documents require additional information?
- Any addendum, amendment, and/or renewal requires a copy of the original fully executed document that is being amended.
- Any contractual document of a commodity or service that exceeds $20,000 including any associated cost will require the use of competitive bidding ($20K to $75K) with a minimum of three (3) price quotes, sole source justification, an MD’s professional preference memorandum, or exempt commodity/service justification form, attached with the request (does not apply to state contracts).
- Any contractual document for a purchase of $75,000 and above will require an Invitation for Bid (IFB) or a competitive sealed bid. This method is used when the purchase is one for which the specifications and/or requirements are known and can be stated clearly, and you simply need to find the commodity or service with the lowest cost. The Request for Proposal (RFP) is used when the contractor’s proposal and cost are both considered in determining the award.
- Any contract that exceeds $25,000 will require the completion of a Contractor and Grant Disclosure and Certification Form by the contractor.
- Any contractual document that requires access to patient health information (PHI) will require the completion of a BAA Checklist for review by IT Security, and if required a Business Associate Agreement, to ensure compliance with HIPAA requirements for UAMS as a covered entity.
- Any contractual request that will require the vendor to install software, IT hardware/telecommunications, or anything installed on a machine or equipment that will require connection to UAMS network will require IT approval prior to submission of the request.
Hint: Providing details of your request and its purpose in the comment section is highly recommended to inform the Contract Specialist in handling your request.
Who can sign a document on behalf of UAMS?
With respect to this campus, as provided under Board of Trustees Policy 300.1 and University of Arkansas Systemwide Policy (UASP) 300.1, signatory authority for purchases has been delegated on behalf of UAMS to the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Agency Procurement Official (APO), only. No other UAMS employee is authorized to enter into a procurement contract on behalf of UAMS. Violation of these policies may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action.
What is the time frame for receiving a signed document once it is submitted?
The timeframe of receiving the signed document varies on the request.
- A contract may require bidding, negotiation, and legal review which could all factor into the time frame to complete the document.
- Use of the UAMS terms and conditions is strongly encouraged. A Contract Specialist can assist with the appropriate form.
- A normal document with no terms and conditions can take up to three (3) days.
- A document with terms and conditions will require legal review which can take up to fourteen (14) days.
- If there is an immediate risk to the institution or an immediate risk to patient care, a “rush” request for expedited review can take up to three (3) days. Justification will be required upon submission and will be reviewed to determine if “rush” status is appropriate.
SPECIAL NOTE: A “rush” request is designed to be used on rare occasions. Failure to plan in a timely manner is no justification for a rush.
What documents are not processed through the Supply Chain ServiceNow portal?
SAP Vendor Setup is a part of Supply Chain but the workflows are separate. All requests for a new vendor should be submitted to SAPVendorSetup@uams.edu. Documents of no sort should be uploaded into the portal until the vendor setup process has been completed.
What if I cannot find information on the Supply Chain website that I need?
The Supply Chain Dashboard has a link to Chat with a Contract Specialist for emergency requests or for general questions.