UAMS Travel Management is committed to superior customer service by providing expert training and guaranteeing timely and accurate reimbursements in support of all our travelers.
The Travel Management section of the UAMS Controller’s Office provides centralized travel, pre-authorization coordination, travel payment and reimbursement services for all employees of UAMS. Travel Management is specifically responsible for:
- Confirming proposed travel is planned within State regulations, UAMS policies and general accepted prudent business practices
- Ensuring accurate and timely disbursements are made to UAMS employees based on appropriate documentation supporting accounting and disbursement
- Serving as the subject matter expert to employees involved with travel to answer questions and resolve travel related issues
- Collaborating with UAMS colleagues in the Treasurer’s Office, who are responsible for the payment function, to provide appropriate authorization for the issuance of travel reimbursements to employees and to the UAMS business travel credit card provider
- Maintaining documentation supporting travel, including documentation of business purpose and travel details and providing this as needed to interested parties, such as auditors and regulatory authorities
- Auditing requests for travel pre-authorization and reimbursement to ensure travel is in compliance with State regulations and UAMS policies
- Analyzing UAMS travel practices and expenses for continual process improvement opportunities
- Representing UAMS to the relevant providers in the travel and hospitality industry.
Location and Contact Information
1123 S University Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204
4301 W. Markham St.
Little Rock, AR 72205